Saturday, October 1, 2011

But I'm a new mom.....

I wonder how long "I just had a baby" will last as an excuse.  So far the current record holder is my mother with her "of course Im overweight- I had a baby" nevermind her youngest is approaching 30.... but I digress.  I believe the new mom excuse should be considered a complete pass.  For example- I get my vehicle sticker renewal in the mail. It says clear as day if I pay later than 10-31 I have to pay more... ok so I have like two months.... unfortunately I totally miss the line above also clear as day "expiration 9-30".... reading fail.  Fortunately, there is a DMV where I can handle this particular issue in person which is good because I doubt the cop giving me the ticket for expired plates would accept "but Im a new mom and didn't read the expiration
date"
Another area a complete pass should work is with lawn care. This is more a pass for my husband but hey he's a new dad and god knows I'm not letting him sleep if I can't. yea, I am just THAT mean. (sleep deprivation makes me vengeful) Anyway, in our small town apparently city officials have nothing better to do than take a ruler to our front yard and measure our weeds. So, of course, we are not keeping up on our yard work what with the new monumental task of keeping a newborn alive, so we get a letter from the city "informing" us that we need to cut our weeds as they have exceeded the 8 inch maximum and if we don't by X date they will do it for us. Not as a favor, of course, they would charge us and of course that AIN'T cheap when the city does it. Sigh- I feel it is completely legitimate for my husband to have called them and explained "but I'm a new dad..." I mean hell I gave him a new shirt that says it and everything!

So that's it for today hopefully I'll get a chance to write more tomorrow but of course I'm a new mom...

2 comments:

  1. I want to know what the consensus is. I feel like I used the "new mom" excuse up until I could use the "pregnant" excuse again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think grade school is the cut off..

    ReplyDelete