Monday, November 15, 2010

Introduction

In the interest of Full Disclosure... I am writing this intro towards the end of my 11th week.. I figured a little perspective might be good.

This blog is intended to be my response to all the sugary sweet Pregnancy Journals.. if someone else tells me to journal my feelings so my baby can read them later I will strangle them... I have already been surprised by pregnancy and I am imagine my lack of knowledge and desperate need to be in control should make for some interesting experiences.

As this is my first pregnancy, I named this blog "Navigating the Bump" because I am trying to figure out my way through this "oh holy crap" journey. Despite all the books and websites I have read in preparation it turns out NOTHING can adequately prepare one for pregnacy.. not in the "oh its so amazing and such a personal experience" way.. no, books and websites lie and omit critical unsavory details..dirty bastards. Also I intend to show this blog to my 16 year old daughter before she goes on a date...



I apologize to anyone for several things..
- I understand that my experiences will not interest anyone nearly as much as they interest me.. therefore I hope to limit the "OH MY READ ABOUT MY MIRACLE" crap although I suspect it may happen at some point..feel free to skim or skip..
- Some of the posts will be GRAPHIC.. I am learning that pregnancy is not for the faint of heart, weak of stomach, or modest I will try my best to appreciate when some information may be TMI ( too much information) and provide a warning but its possible that as my own modesty barriers come crashing down I may lose the ability to properly judge..so sorry ahead of time
- I love my husband, he is my hero, my best friend and my soulmate but...I will inevitably complain about him... afterall this was as much his doing as mine... I will try to balance my complaints with compliments, but who knows what will happen...

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am so excited to READ ABOUT YOUR MIRACLE. And crap like that.

    ReplyDelete