Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SUCCESS! no for real

SPOILER ALERT- I am sorry if the title of the post takes some of the mystery out of the next test taking post, but honestly, comeon you know you are reading a blog about someone being pregnant... you knew the test was going to be positive at some point, so you can't be surprised..

At this point my "like clockwork- you could set Big Ben by it-" period was 9 days late. I had never ever been 9 days late before. We were fairly certain I was in fact pregnant, but neither of us could admit that fact without the positive pregnancy test- we couldn't even wonder it together. It was, without getting too poetic, as if the possibility of a pregnancy was soo fragile anything even a whisper of it could ruin it and bring on my period like Niagara. However, we decided to take another test, because apparently when you are 9 days late and have had murky results (at best) thats what you do. Only this time we were serious. No more game playing... we went digital. I wasn't about to try to decipher another rogue dot on a pregnancy test... hell if we could have purchased a test that actually spoke the result outloud we would have bought that.
So expensive digital test in hand we went home, went to bed anxiously awaiting the morning pee.

5 minutes after possibly the most skillful peeing I have ever done, we walked to the bathroom and there is was clear as day.."Pregnant" I of course held it up at various angles to see if the "not" would show up in front of the "pregnant" but no it appears that I was pregnant. I would like to be able to recount a lovely story about how we kissed and my husband looked at me and said "I hope we have a daughter just like you".... no rather it was oddly silent moment. I vaguely recall a kiss on the forehead (my mouth was probably still open like a codfish) and him mumbling about going to work. We were obviously in shock. I have no idea what I did that day. I think I watched a Law and Order marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Just a friendly reminder that your baby is due in a month and that I know nothing about your pregnancy other than that you are, in fact, pregnant. If you have time, I'd love to read a post or two more.... :)

    ReplyDelete