Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pass the soup...

I never understood soup-eaters... you know, those people who eat soup as a meal very often with a salad.. Soup and salad is not a meal.. soup OR salad followed by something with meat concluded with something covered in fudge is meal. For as long as I can remember when I would complain about being hungry my mom would tell me to crack open a can of soup (this probably has more to do with neglectful parenting since I was like 5 when she first starting saying this)
Anyway given this adversion to soup you can understand my confusion when suddenly ALL I wanted to eat was soup.. preferably tomato soup with garlic bread. (It should be noted that I hate tomato soup.. I don't understand it.. no meat no grains its basically just tomato juice heated up- when I see tomato soup I want to let it cool down throw a couple of celery sticks in and a splash of vodka.. but I digress) At this point I had not yet peed successfully so was still completely in the dark regarding my pregancy. apparently the fact that I was several days late AND was now craving a soup that I had formerly regarded as an abomination did not clue me in to my impending motherhood.
Finally, a couple days after nonstop eating of tomato soup I finally tested positive... OH THAT'S WHY I HAVE BEEN EATING HOT VIRGIN BLOODY MARYS!!! So of course my beaming and dutiful husband runs out to the store and stocks up on enough tomato soup to make campbell's soup stock rise- it was that same day that my craving changed to rice and milk and my former adversion to tomato soup (and all soup eating in general) returned. I suspect that in 9 months we will still have a stockpile of tomato soup pushed to the back of the cabinet and covered in dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment